Emma Knapp on Wellways’ Standby support after suicide program
One FM breakfast announcer Terri Cowley interviews Emma Knapp from the Wellways Standby support after suicide program.
StandBy – Support after Suicide has opened an new Pop-Up Community Connections Space in Mooroopna. It is open every day from 9am to 5pm until Friday the 18th February at Mooroopna Education and Activity Centre – MEAC, 23 Alexandra Street, Mooroopna.
There are also many FREE special public events outside regular opening times including box making, Friday early morning breakfasts, and a bereavement night and Sunday afternoon picnic in the park.
This is in response to the high rate of suicides across the region and to support anyone impacted by suicide.
It may be for yourself or someone you know.
You can access immediate support from a range of service providers for any support you may need. There is no registration required, and you can just walk in. It is a welcoming and very relaxed atmosphere.
You are invited to attend the following special events:
– Thursday, 10 February, from 7pm to 9pm: FREE Memory Box Making: Mooroopna. Nibbles and coffee provided.
– Friday, 11 February, from 7am to 9am: FREE Breakfast at the MEAC carpark.
– Thursday, 17 February, from 7pm to 9pm: Suicide Bereavement Support Night. Nibbles and coffee provided.
– Friday, 18 February, from 7am to 9am: FREE Breakfast at the MEAC carpark.
– Sunday, 20 February, from 5pm to 7pm: Community Gathering at Victoria Park Lake, Mooroopna. Gold coin donation BBQ or bring your own picnic. There will be face painting and music by Nathan Lamont (finalist on ‘The Voice’ seasons three and five).
For more information please call 0422 079 393 or visit:
StandBy is Australia’s leading suicide postvention program dedicated to assisting people and communities bereaved or impacted by suicide.
After hours suicide bereavement support 1300 727 247
Lifeline 131 114
Beyond blue 1300 224 636
Kids helpline 1800 551 800
Listen to Terri Cowley for Breakfast Monday – Friday, 6am – 9am.
Contact the station on firstname.lastname@example.org or (+613) 58313131
The ONE FM 98.5 Community Radio podcast page operates under the license of Goulburn Valley Community Radio Inc. (ONE FM) Number 1385226/1.
PRA AMCOS (Australasian Performing Right Association Limited and Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society) that covers Simulcasting and Online content including podcasts with musical content, that we pay every year. This licence number is 1385226/1